Our aims and objectives
Our aim is to enhance educational opportunities for young people to the benefit of their communities. We do this through: raising aspirations, improving teaching and learning standards, providing the best possible environment for learning and exposing our students and pupils to rich cultural experiences.
The strategy for achieving our aims will be based on developing the following areas:
Our aspirational and measurable outcomes are:
- Every lesson to meet or exceed all Teachers’ Standards.
- Every child is expected to make progress in line with or exceeding challenging and robust targets.
- Every Academy is to be well led and governed; judged against appropriate key performance indicators and detailed improvement planning.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and motivated staff who are held accountable through robust appraisal.
- All Academies to achieve favourable Ofsted outcomes. Where this is not the place, targeted plans for rapid improvement are implemented.
- High levels of attendance.
- Low exclusion rates.
- Students go on to sustainable post 16 destinations.
Strong financial oversight and management including having:
- A board that is made up of people with a sufficiently diverse range of perspectives to enable robust decision making.
- Members and trustees with the right skills and experience to provide effective governance; and
- Clear governance arrangements that are transparent to everyone, including through a published scheme of delegation.
- Local governing bodies for member schools focusing on raising standards.
- Members and Trustees Board are experienced local people – reflecting a community ethos.
- Experience of successful navigating the academy conversion process.
- A track record of working collaboratively with other schools to raise standards. This is across all educational sectors, at leadership and governance level.
- An excellent reputation for high achievement.
- CEO and Business Manager with extensive experience of working with a number of schools in different settings and contexts.
- A record of successful recruitment and retention of high quality staff at all levels.
- Strong financial position.
- A commitment to providing high quality premises and facilities